Deputy Store Manager
What is it like to work for BP?
We can promise a marketing leading training program that supports an inclusive team environment and more work life balance then other retailers. BP always try and promote from within. So, a management position with BP could be your first step to a long-term career within the retail industry and us. We thrive to create a great working environment and our great retention levels at senior management level speaks volumes.
While a lot of high street retailers decline and faces uncertainly BP is in growth mode, our partnership with M&S and investment in new technology like Chargemaster, the market leading electric vehicle charging provider, sets us apart from our competitors. We are much more than a forecourt.
As a Duty Manager, you'll be managing all aspects of the fresh food operation within our Marks and Spencer Simply Food store. This is likely to be your first step into a management role . So joining a business that provided leading training to get you up to speed is a no brainer ….
We want to be honest all our management role including the above are fast pace roles where you need the ability to influence, multiply task and spinning a lot of plates, motivate and support the teams. You will spend the majority of your time on your feet and it is a hands-on management role where you will lead by example. As Duty Manager you will report into the Retail Store Manager and will be responsible for management of a team of up to ten staff during your shift.
- To run the store in the absence of the Store Manager
- To manage employee relations issues in the team in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Support with key operational tasks, reconciliation of cash loss, producing staffing rotas, attendance reports, supporting with
- nvestigations, Stock reconciliation, support with store audits
- To implement as required all BP initiatives at store level
- To maximise product availability, optimising stock management and replenishment process
- Maintaining book stock accuracy using pre-defined processes
- To take receipt of deliveries and associated paperwork
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- Wild Bean accountabilities: the running of, stock, food hygiene, food waste etc.
- Ensure that the store operates safely and legally in accordance with Company HSSE, Food Safety and Compliance policies and procedures.
We want people that are passionate and can work in a fast pace environment, we want people that can think on their feet. We want people that can influence and bring fun to the working week. We want people that can support their colleagues and work as one team. We want people our customers will love. Supervisory experience would be advantageous although not essential however you will need to have demonstrable retail experience – preferably within food retail although again, this is not essential
If progression, stability and great training is what you are looking for, apply to us now we are waiting to hear from you! Come and fuel your career.
What You’ll Get in Return
As well as the usual company benefits, which include, generous holiday entitlement, company pension scheme, save as you earn scheme, discretionary annual bonus and staff discount, you will be working in an exciting, transforming environment with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own ambitions. You will also be rewarded with a competitive salary which will be dependent on experience and the location of the store you are applying.