Design & Technology Teacher
Design and Technology Teacher
Full or Part time
Ongoing Temporary Contract
£110 to £160 per day
From September 2019
Weston Super Mare
Teaching Personnel is seeking an enthusiastic and committed Design and Technology Teacher, who has the knowledge and love of their subject to inspire students, in a school where a 'Love of Learning' is evident in every student interaction.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a department where creativity merges with design and engineering to stunning effect. This post would suit someone able to teach Graphic Products and Resistant Materials to KS4 and all areas at KS3.
The school actively promotes a strong tradition of exhibiting students' work across a range of well attended and popular events. This post would suit a well-qualified new entrant to the profession, or someone who wants to broaden his/her experiences in a high achieving context.
Candidates suitable for the role will:
- be able to teach Graphic Products and Resistant Materials to KS4.
- be at an advantage if you can teach Electronics, Textiles & Food Technology to KS3 but not essential
- be an excellent classroom practitioner
- be able to stretch and challenge able students to achieve highly
- have the ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
The school can offer:
- the opportunity to join a highly successful Design and Technology department with a wide range of experience and expertise
- the support of a dedicated technician
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively supported
How to apply
Simply contact Teaching Personnel on the details provided and quote "Design and Technology Teacher". I look forward to hearing from you.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.