Salary: (£30-£35K salary)
Hours: Full time
Benefits: Career development opportunity, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Pension scheme, Income Protection, Private Medical Insurance, Bonus scheme, Early finish Fridays (2pm)
About the employer
Founded in 1908, Spearmark International is a privately owned, family run FMCG business with a strong retail customer base. Operating as three divisions, Spearmark Housewares, Spearmark Lighting and Spearmark Health, they specialise in the design and development of children's licenced & generic products as well as adult hydration products selling them throughout the UK and Europe through retailers such as Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Argos, Aldi, Auchan, Cora etc and into the NHS and private care homes.
They are an international operation, with well-established roots in the Cambridgeshire region. With representation of famous licences such as Nickelodeon, Hasbro, Entertainment One, National Geographic and Disney, and a growing commercial brand, they are seeking a like-minded Quality professional to further strengthen market share.
Spearmark are offering an excellent opportunity for a Product Technologist to join their team as the lead on Quality. Reporting directly to the Operations Director responsibilities will include ensuring every product meets all relevant legislative, customer and licensor Quality obligations. As the senior Quality member of the business you will be pro-active in liaising with internal customers and external testing laboratories to ensure conformance with industry standards. As a strong communicator you will be required to interact with consumers, customers, suppliers, trade associations, government bodies and trading standards for all quality issues and enquires.
You will also play a key role in the product development process being responsible for product risk assessments, product user instructions and legal markings and also investigations into new product categories, markets and technology requirements and obligations.
This role is supported by a Quality Assurance Co-ordinator for whom you will have direct management responsibility.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated, commercially aware, individual with knowledge of QA processes/procedures and product compliance to General Product Safety requirements to develop their knowledge and experience and ensure Quality is an integral part of this progressing business.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven competence of understanding and interpreting product legislation, applicable testing standards and testing failure analysis.
- An understanding of QA procedures and processes.
- An understanding of product compliance and General Product Safety Regulations.
- Ability to interact and communicate with consumers, customers, suppliers and external regulatory bodies.
- Experience of working with test laboratories to understand and challenge test reports & results.
- Experience of working with retailers (UK/France) such as Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Argos, Aldi, Auchan, Cora etc and/or and the NHS and private care homes.
- A commercial awareness and mindset with problem solving abilities.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Good level of PC literacy, able to organise and plan workloads, good presentation skills.
- Experience of working with Children’s products and/or within the Lighting, Toy, Drink, Tableware and Health industries would be advantageous.
- Experience of working with China based manufacturers with an understanding of technical competence audits would be advantageous
If you feel you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Business Development, Sales, Sales, Marketing, Sales Rep, Field Sales, Sales Executive, Account Manager, Marketing, Product Manager, Digital Signage, Client Manager, Clients, Legislation, Product Legislation, Product Technologist, QA, Testing, Product Testing, Testing Standards, Product Analysis.