Assistant Management Accountant
*Apologies this is only suitable for candidates moving from practice*
Are you looking to make the move from your current practice, whether it's audit or account preparation?
Maybe it's for a better work life balance? Or maybe a more rounded role?
This role is a great move for both of those reasons. The Director of this team doesn't want his team working long hours, and he wants them to have a varied job. The role is covering all areas of finance from the VAT / Tax side, to the management accounts / stat accounts production and analysis. There is very minimal travel in the role, perhaps once a month on average. The role will be working with the firm's SME clients mainly up to £50m turnover, but most c£5-£25m. The experience you gain will give you a great chance to tee yourself up for an SME Finance Manager / FC role in the future if you decide to move to industry.
Full study support will absolutely be provided for ACCA studies too.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Production of management and statutory accounts for SME businesses
- VAT / Tax returns
- Cash flow forecasting and analysis
- Accruals, prepayments and journals
- Ad-hoc book-keeping and project accounting
- AAT Qualified or close to it
- 2 years experience doing audit / accounts preparation