A fantastic opportunity for a Infrastructure Engineer to join a well established Insurance Group specialising in multiple sectors. With offices based in South West London and 3 other offices across London, Hertfordshire and Surrey.
The successful candidate Reporting to the Group Head of IT and IT managers at each location, the Infrastructure Engineer will deliver technical infrastructure services by designing, maintaining and developing the infrastructure environment, analysis of business requirements, identifying opportunities and pursuing these in line with business objectives, with a particular focus on data systems, process and documentation.
The successful candidate will have knowledge in the following areas: SQL, ITIL, Documentation, Dashboards and Data focused mapping.
You will be passionate about IT, tracking industry trends and maintaining up to date knowledge of new technologies.
- Support and Maintain hardware and software across all offices, ensuring the best use of available technology.
- Research and develop the infrastructure to support business initiatives.
- Carry out continuous assessment of the use of and processes around the environment, with recommendations based on best practice, efficiency, value to the business.
- Support team member development by analysing complex infrastructure issues, documenting and communicating findings and solutions to the team.
- Provide guidance and internal consulting expertise.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders with regular communications.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating accountability, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration and creativity.
- Manage own professional development by soliciting feedback and identifying relevant training opportunities.
- Provide senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding system enhancements to deliver real benefits to the business. You will facilitate the implementation of standards of practice in all technology solutions.
- Work with the relevant IT managers to review, design and manage all IT infrastructures across the group.
- Participate as a subject matter expert in projects and implementations requiring your expertise.
- Develop systems and processes to monitor system or product performance.
- Work with 3rd parties such as WAN, hosting, development or XaaS cloud providers.
- Carry out Regular information security reviews
- Windows Server 2008
- MSExchange 2013
- MS SharePoint 2010
- MSSQL Admin / SSRS
- VmWare vSphere 6.5
- Citrix XenApp, Netscaler
- Powershell AD/Exchange/scripting
- Active Directory & Group Policy
- Storage technology inc. SAN & NAS
- Network fundamentals (HP h/w)
- VoIP (Mitel)
- TAM or OpenGI (Insurance Broking Software)
- EPIC (Cloud Management Software)