Group Financial Accountant
Lowell Group is a rapidly expanding innovative business that requires a Group financial accountant to join its Group Finance team. Reporting to the Group External Reporting Manager, this role is responsible for the Group consolidation of the monthly results and assistance with the preparation of quarterly and annual Group Statutory Financial statements. As the group has expanded rapidly a key part of the role is also to identify and implement improvements in the accounting systems and processes to ensure the finance department keeps pace with the rest of the company. Whilst based in the UK, an ability to travel to overseas offices is desirable, travel is not likely to be extensive but may be required periodically or to establish specific projects.
- Consolidation of Group entities using Hyperion Financial Management.
- Analysis and commercial understanding of monthly results for the Group.
- Responsibility for overseeing inter company reconciliations across the Group.
- Reconciliation of key balances and preparation of supporting schedules for internal reporting.
- Assistance with preparation of Group Statutory Financial Statements.
- Assistance with the year-end statutory audit and half year interim review and preparation of associated audit schedules.
- Responsible for preparation of Quarterly Financial Information for Bond Reporting to Investors.
- Support the provision of key KPI data to the investor relation team to assist quarterly reporting.
- Co-ordination, timetabling and management of Group external reporting requirements on a quarterly basis.
- Provide technical support on accounting matters
- Research/investigate accounting issues as and when they arise
- Assistance with quarterly reporting to private equity investors
- Ad hoc analysis as required to support specific work/projects
- Qualified accountant (at least 2 years post qualification, preferably ACA)
- Experience of preparing statutory accounts and the statutory audit process
- Experience of consolidations
- Research in technical accounting issues
- Financial services experience desirable
- Experience of Hyperion Financial Management desirable
Business and Personal Leadership/Skills and Attitudes
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical and Investigative skills
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
- Good organisation skills
- Pro-active and able to work on their own initiative.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
If you're interested in joining our team please apply!