PR Manager - Retail - Manchester - £32,000 to £38,000
Passionate about PR? Ready for a new challenge? A highly recognised leisure company in Manchester is searching for an exceptionally talented PR Manager to join their growing team!
We have a wonderful opportunity for a creative PR Manager to join one of the biggest and most successful leisure business’ in the world. As they continue to dominate the market and take the company to new heights, our client is now on the hunt for a hardworking PR Manager who will be responsible for devising and executing the PR strategy across the entire business. The successful candidate will also become the point of call for all online and offline PR activities in order to raise the profile of the company. A key duty will be to create engaging stories which will help establish the business in everyone’s minds. This is the perfect opportunity for someone with an agency background to break into a client-side role where they’ll have the opportunity to take the reigns and steer the company to further success.
The Main Responsibilities of the PR Manager:
- Create and implement the PR strategy whilst liaising with the Marketing Manager to ensure that the strategies are running coherently.
- Take charge of all media relations and make sure that a positive brand image is conveyed through all PR activities.
- Work with other departments and third-party vendors to screen potential media stores which could bolster their presence in the area.
- Build strong work relationships with key media contacts and work closely with the central press team.
- Produce relevant and engaging copy whilst working closely with the marketing team to create a digital social plan.
- Build and develop a blogger outreach programme which can be used to target specific audiences.
- Conduct thorough competitors’ analysis’ in over to ensure that the PR strategy stands out from their competitors.
- Manage all photoshoots and photographers whilst also acting as a spokesperson for all consumer related issues.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Previous experience within a similar PR role
- Experience working agency-side is essential
- Brand experience of using social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to communicate messaging and be able to create stories which also work well as pieces of digital content.
- Experience of writing engaging content for online and offline PR and raising brand awareness.
- Self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a range of media contacts
- Possess the skills and the ability to build new relationships with various internal and external stakeholders and press
- Highly organised with a strong creative flair!