BSL Interpreter/Trainee Interpreter in-house
BSL Interpreter/Trainee Interpreter (in-house)
Hours: 34 hrs per week
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed person with the ability to communicate with children who are deaf. This role is suitable for someone who is committed, friendly and bubbly.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Excellent BSL and English skills (BSL NVQ Level 6 / English GCSE C or equivalent)
- Experience of working as an interpreter/trainee interpreter in a variety of settings with a variety of users.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with Deaf and hearing people/pupils.
- Experience of working with deaf children.
- Experience of working within an educational setting.
- Ability to co-ordinate an efficient interpreting service for the school.
- Must Have
- Minimum of 2 years experience
- Experience of working with a wide range of Deaf and hearing people.
- Ability to interpret for a range of professionals working with Deaf children.