Position: Reception Teacher
Key stage: Early Years
Location: North West London
Start date: 1st July 2019
Athona Education are working with a lovely school based in North West London, with excellent transport links. This Primary School have been rated Outstanding by Ofsted and are looking for a Reception Teacher that has experience working within EYFS and SEN. This is a maternity cover position initially and can potentially turn permanent.
We are looking for a qualified primary teacher who is confident teaching Early Years. You will be able to devise schemes of work and differentiate for varying levels within the class, including gifted and talented children. You will be required to work standard school hours and preferably be able to work 5 days a week. NQTs will be considered for this role.
The successful applicant is expected to:
- Qualifications - EYTS (Early Years Teaching Status) or PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education), QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
- Effectively teach Early Years to the highest standards.
- Assess and mark pupils work, monitoring progression levels.
- Deliver fun and engaging lessons that also challenge and develop learning.
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and other staff members.
- Be committed to the schools objectives and teach in line with their ethos.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Career progression
- Excellent facilities
- OFSTED grading (Outstanding)
If you are interested in this position or any other roles we currently have available, please do not hesitate to contact Amy on or email
Please note: In accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education' all candidates must have a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure to work in a school or nursery. If a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service is not held we will require you to complete a new DBS application.