We are recruiting for an Assistant Editor (12 month FTC) for our clients based in Northampton. You will be covering and supporting a busy team with editorial responsibilities. This is for a well-established, creative and friendly company. Because of the nature of this role it is helpful to have a publishing qualification at graduate or undergraduate level.
The Ideal Candidate
- A good understanding of the editorial process
- Experience in copy-editing and proofreading skills
- The Company
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and support others
- A dynamic, proactive team player with excellent communication skills
- Own transport is vital to commute to the office
- Co-ordinate and develop book projects as briefed by the head of publishing, making sure all projects follow the correct approval workflow.
- Research, write, copyedit, proofread and sign-off text for books across different formats and novelties and for different audiences.
- Ensure all project files meet standards for editorial accuracy and quality throughout the publishing process.
- Ensure all books fulfil their brief and are produced within house style guidelines.
- Pitch new books and formats based on observation of the wider publishing market.
- Work closely with a publishing partner to project manage books, ensuring key milestones are kept and final files are supplied on time.
- Commission, brief and coordinate third-party contributors, including illustrators, licensors and freelance agents.
- Play an active role in problem-solving and escalate any complications to senior team members when necessary.
- 9am - 5:30pm with 1 hour for lunch
- 28 days + bank holidays
- Pension - 4% employee contribution and 4% employer
- Free parking available
If you have the relevant skills required for this role and would like to apply, please submit your cv. If you require further information, please contact Anna on .