Clinitemp Ltd are working with a reputable Firm and we are seeking an Accounts Assistant to join their team.
Reporting to the Accounts Manager, this role is designed to provide a broad but high level of client service to clients, primarily owner managed businesses including sole traders, companies and partnerships.
Services include statutory accounts prep, management accounts and VAT.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This very 'hands on’ role will include the following:
- Accounts preparation for sole traders, companies and partnerships
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparation and review of management accounts
- Travelling to client premises as required
- Achieving or exceeding assignment budgeted fees and profits and/or identifying reasons for non-achievement of budgets as appropriate
- Keeping senior management/engagement partner fully informed at all times of progress on jobs, in particular if there is likely to be an unplanned write off
- Carrying out review work on accounts and other assignments prepared by junior team members when required
- Any ad hoc assignments or tasks as may be required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Previous practice experience
- Good solid and demonstrable knowledge of accounts prep for owner managed businesses (OMBs) to include partnerships, sole traders and companies
- Competent and confident using both manual and computerised systems including Sage and Quickbooks
- Knowledge and experience of management accounting
- Preparation of year end accounts
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability with an outgoing and proactive approach to work
- Dependable and reliable team player able to work on own initiative
- Happy to delegate when appropriate and also to be delegated to
- Assisting with training and development of junior team members
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Project a professional manner and appearance at all times
- (Small) practice background
- At least part AAT qualified with good solid experience. Experience matters far more than the qualification for this role. (NB Current ACA/ACCA students and those wishing to study/continue studying for a further qualification may be considered for this role, however an AAT qualified or part qualified ACA/ACCA accountant who has the relevant experience but who has stopped studying may be considered a more suitable candidate)
Full time office hours are Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17.30 with 1 hour for lunch.
Part time/flexible hours will be considered.
Immediate Interviews Available!
Clinitemp Ltd is a Recruitment Agency working on behalf of their client.