£33,000 - £35,000 Basic + Profit share (Circa £40,000-£45,000 OTE)
IQPC have an opportunity for a passionate and commercially-minded marketing professional who is excited about joining a start-up events portfolio from day one as Marketing Lead.
You will benefit from working autonomously with an energetic and hungry start-up founder who knows their target audience inside out - and has a track record of success researching and delivering outstanding events to meet their needs over the past 6 years.
From a career development perspective, this is the opportunity to get in at the ground floor on our next big project at IQPC, working directly with the founder in an autonomous fashion whilst benefiting from resources and infrastructure provided by the largest privately-owned B2b events group in the world.
Dynamic, disruptive and in a class of its own - that is how we like describe our newest start-up, designed to deliver commercial, value-driven events/conferences in a number of both traditional and unorthodox formats.
Proactively Confirming Media Partners
- Proactively create new and strengthen existing relationships with leading trade press and industry bodies to widen the reach and promotion of events
- Ensure timely submission of materials to media partners including print and online ads, and ensure third party activity is being delivered as agreed
- Use tracking techniques and analysis to measure the effectiveness of various channels
- Assist partners with post- and pre-event reports/articles/interviews etc
Managing Event Campaigns
- Create and develop marketing plans, define campaign schedules and ensure timely implementation of on and offline activity
- Manage marketing budgets and track campaign results
- Continually review and improve the end to end campaign process including ROI
- Define and drive a robust marketing strategy that results in immediate online registrations and quality enquiries
Driving E-Mail Marketing & Enquiries
- Segment data appropriately in the CRM system to target the most relevant prospects
- Set-up e-mails in software programme, track responses and analyse click-through & enquiry results
- Farm out leads and click-through data to sales and track conversions using the CRM system
Managing Event Websites & Social Media Marketing
- Ensure the website content is always up-to-date
- Communicate with sponsors/exhibitors to collate necessary logos and other materials for the website.
- Maintain and develop LinkedIn, twitter and other social media channels for both lead-generation and branding purposes.
- Utilise social media advertising and PPC to reach new audiences or re-engage previous visitors
We are looking for a extroverted, commercially-minded and self-motivated marketer with the enthusiasm and drive to manage and drive launch campaigns and deliver results.
- Capable of devising and delivering effective marketing plans utilising a broad marketing mix (ideally within publishing, conferences or exhibitions)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communicator, verbal and written
- Strong organisational & multi-tasking skills
- Degree-level education preferred
IQPC is the world’s largest privately owned B2b events business with 1250 employees globally, 270 of which are based in Victoria, London.
We pride ourselves on our unique culture of empowerment and meritocracy, where it is talent, attitude and results alone that determine career progression opportunities. We promote from within whenever possible and are proud that 70% of the managers in our London business have been internally promoted, in addition to almost all of our senior leadership team. Career progression opportunities also include international relocation.
The company has a strong belief in the personal development of employees at all levels of the business. See our careers website for further details.