Repair Tech Assistant
We are recruiting for a Tech Assistant to service and repair a range of components, sometimes on site, or sent back from our customers from around the globe. Repairs to stadium screens, festival screens and TV studio screens, where the candidate will be expected to assist in their diagnosis, correction and return.
• Be able to read and understand basic schematic drawings, including datasheets.
• Be able to reverse engineer schematics from circuit analysis where original drawings are not available
• Have a working knowledge of test bench equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters, power supplies and microscopes
• Be able to competently use a soldering iron to rework PCBs with small footprint ICs, LEDs and passive components such as surface mount resistors and capacitors
• Have some experience with solder suction tools and solder wick
• Have some experience in a de-soldering station
• Competent use of general tools such as fine pliers, fine cutters, scalpel and wire strippers.
• Be able to design and configure test rigs which will drive a large portfolio of repairs undertaken
• Be able to use the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel & Powerpoint
• Have good communication skills
• Enjoy working as part of a team and respond well in busy situations
• Be willing to learn LED screen technology and build upon the experience gained in servicing LED screen assemblies.