JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer
RATE: Up to £34/ hr (ltd)
My client, Cavendish Nuclear, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish Nuclear is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and has offices and sites located across the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish Nuclear innovates to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and delivers across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle; from design and build, through to operations and maintenance, decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A role with the organisation is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When becoming part of the Cavendish Nuclear team, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- HNC Minimum (Or equivalent) and must have some nuclear experience.
- SC Clearance in place
- Has recent experience of producing mechanical design deliverables for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, Lifting Equipment etc
- Able to manage a small team of Designers and undertake checking of Mechanical deliverables.
- Have working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
- Has taken part in Designers Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally in HAZOP studies.
- Understands the requirements of CE marking.
- Has good knowledge of fabrication techniques.
- Has good knowledge/understanding of achievable manufacturing accuracy.
- Good working knowledge of geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
- Good working knowledge of commonly used materials and associated standards.
IDEALLY YOU WILL ALSO HAVE:
- Preferably, AutoCAD proficient in both Model Space and Paper Space and Ideally; will have Inventor experience.
- Ideally, will have some 'hands on' experience.
Provide cost/timescale information and progress reporting.
Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry and coordinate the production of:
- Design Schemes
- Design Proposal Drawings
- Detail Drawings
- General Assemblies
- Functional Specifications/ Functional Requirements Documents
- Technical Reports and Studies
- Design Justification Reports
Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
Take responsibility for delivery of single-discipline work package to programme, budget and required quality.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.