Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Are you a Mechanical Maintenance in the West Midlands who loves working within heavy environments? Are you interested in working for the largest independently owned specialist processor of its kind in the UK?
Our client is committed to providing quality and innovative processing services to their clients across the UK. Processing over 500,000 tonnes of material annually from their purpose-built site in the heart of the midlands, they have become known as an all-inclusive service provider within the steel industry.
The successful Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will have come from a manufacturing environment ideally a heavy construction material, foundry or steel industry. You will have strong mechanical fault finding, machining, fabricating and fitting abilities. An interest of working with large pieces of equipment, within harsh environments is crucial for this role.
This role will suit a positive, forward-thinking Mechanical Maintenance Engineer interested in helping develop a more modern way of working, with a focus on growing a more effective PPM process.
- Mechanical fault diagnosis experience is essential
- Previous experience building machines, mechanical fitting, stripping and rebuilding components and machines
- Must be able to read hydraulic and pneumatic drawings
- A formal qualification in mechanical engineering would be ideal though not essential
- Ability to weld (MIG or TIG) and fabricate are essential – machining would be ideal
Responsibilities will include:
- Mechanical fault finding across machinery including pickling lines, decoiling lines, blanking lines, slitters, conveyors and metal benders
- Machine fitting, stripping and rebuilding
- Fabrication, machining and welding
- Planned maintenance and continuous improvement project involvement during night shift
Working a variation on a 3 shift role (Week 1 – Monday to Friday 6am – 2pm/Week 2 – Monday to Thursday 12pm – 8pm/Week 3 – Monday to Friday 8pm – 6am), our client offers a salary of c£29/30k with a realistic OTE of £34k plus benefits including 32 days holiday, 5% company pension, DIS and access to the simply health medical scheme, plus excellent opportunities for training and progression.
If this sounds like something you’re interested in, please call Kristi Meechan on either or or drop a copy of your CV to today.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.