Junior iSeries Operator
Advancing People are pleased to be recruiting for one of our very established IT Client's based in Bedford.
Our client keeps businesses running, providing businesses with mission critical IT support since 1987. With over thirty years experience in the IT industry they provide the infrastructure behind many of the largest brands in the UK. Specialising in mission critical systems through their Tier 4 data centre, they provide the ecommerce backbone for high street retailers whilst managing 10% of the UK's banking traffic, keeping business running all over the world. From hardware and hosting to software and support.
iSeries Operational Support Location: Bedford (multiple sites)
To undertake an on-the-job development programme that will support a full delivery of 1st Line Support to our clients iSeries Customers. To support other Operational Colleagues in day to day management of 1st Line Support function.
The role involves working on a shift patterns on 12 hours' shifts, including days and nights. shift work 4 on 4 off (days and nights - 12 hrs shifts)
Pays £18k plus a shift allowance of £11k per annum plus productivity bonus (non contractual).
The role is expected to progress into an OS400Operator within 2 years.
* To provide a full 1st Line Support to our customers, following a period of training and development
* To build and maintain successful working relationships with other internal teams and functions
* To represent our client in a professional way to their customers as first point of contact for incident management.
Key result areas
* To undertake a development programme during the first 2 years on the job that will encompass both internal and external training, including technical and soft skills development.
* To develop knowledge and understanding of products and services available to customers within the technical stream
* To learn and develop full understanding of the technical systems and processes used within the team.
* Monitor the internal systems for customer / internal alerts, escalate where required.
* Monitor the ticket system queue to ensure tickets do not breach SLAs and escalate where required.
* Follow the correct procedures and offer suggestions for improvements where relevant as well as update the procedures with changes where required.
* After a period of training to resolve and close relevant tickets where possible.
* To develop iSeries technical skills working alongside the iSeries team.
* Maintain accurate documentation for systems and applications as required.
* Be a productive member of the Operations team.
* To understand and fulfil the responsibilities for secure management of personal data of both internal and external customers in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018
Key Personal Requirements
* Some experience in an iSeries environment
* Commitment to development within the iSeries operational role
* Basic level of practical/hands on understanding of IT concepts and systems
* A highly motivated, enthusiastic and determined individual
* Excellent problem solving skills and analytical nature
* Inquisitive and proactive
* Fast learner and able to take ownership of learning opportunities
* Ability to explain technical concept to customers
* Confidence to ask questions and offer ideas
* Passionate about Exceptional Customer Service
* Ability to follow instructions well and focus on the task in hand
* Excellent communication skills, written and oral
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Willingness to learn and openness to opportunities as they come
* Willingness to get involved at all levels of work carried out by the team
* Ability to achieve targets and meet deadlines
* Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers and colleagues
* Ability to work under own initiative
* Good team player
* Accuracy and attention to detail
For this you will be rewarded with a competitive salary of between £18K - £25K pa dependant on experience and enjoy some great benefits including:-
from start date:-
* 25 days holidays (pro rata on start date)
* On site gym
* Use of Personal Trainers
* Deep Tissue Sports Massage (1hr session)
* Relaxing Massage (20 Min session)
* Free eye test
* £100 towards glasses for new prescription
* Fruit Baskets * Lifestyle Benefits
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Extensive health and well being educational programmes delivered in-house
After you have successfully completed your probation period:-
* 5% of basic salary contributed into pension fund
* Life Assurance
* Private Medical Insurance (inc spouse/partner & children)
* Cycle to work Scheme
* Income Protection Scheme
* Travel Insurance
* Will Writing
* Tax Return Service
If you are a bright, ambitious and driven individual that will want to learn as much as possible and progress, then please apply by clicking the link below or alternatively contact or call