Assistant Finance Manager
Assistant Finance Manager
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Assistant Finance Manager
Customer: British Airways
Grade/Salary: RCS N
Contract Type: 09 Months- Fixed Term Contract (March 2020)
Closing Date for Applications: 15th May 2019
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, "Best Place to Work."
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include:
* Responsible for the completion of monthly OBR & BSR.
* Responsible for the preparation of Weekly Quick's and management accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
* Responsible for all month end activities including accruals/prepayments, ensuring accounts are accurate and completed in an ethical integral manner.
* Responsible for all variance analysis to customer budget to accurately identify drivers of overspends and provide commentary for greater understanding .
* Completing month end, Journal posting variance analysis sold grounding of management accounting methods and their impact on accounts
* Cost Centre cost accountability, budgeting, forecasting, cost analysis for labour and overheads
* Continually improve and identify opportunities which add value tp the business for both the customer, business unit and division, Manage Key Performance indicators (KPI's) to meet contractual terms and DHL
* Responsible for producing the customer monthly review pack - ensuring accuracy
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here's what we need from you:
* Experience of working within budgetary constraints.
* IT literate, high level of Excel skills, Analytical approach to problem solving, Presentation skills - preparation and delivery.
* Experience Assisting the Finance Manager
* Microsoft Excel experience
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://youtu.be/G-nOa8Ddbbg
Facts and FiguresDivisionV7, SUPPLY CHAINEmployment TypeTemporary Full-TimeBusiness UnitDHL Supply Chain UKWorking HoursLocationSloughShift RequirementNoneJob TypeFinance & ControllingRelocation OfferedNoneCareer LevelGraduates & Entry-Level ProfessionalsTravel RequiredNo Business TravelResponsible forTravel ExtentReports toFinance ManagerWork Permit RequiredYesTarget Hire Date5/15/2019