DT Teacher (Food Technology & Textiles)
Role: DT Teacher (Food Technology & Textiles)
Salary: £110 - £150 per day
Start Date: September 2019
Contract: Long term, 5 days per week
GSL Education is currently looking to appoint an outstanding DT teacher (Food Technology & Textiles) for a long term role at an outstanding secondary school in Trafford.
The school aim to achieve excellence together and inspire their children and young people every step of the way. They have a dedicated team of staff and governors who work hard to maintain the high expectations and strong pastoral support that lead to the best possible standards.
As such, the school is looking for an experienced DT teacher (Food Technology & Textiles) who is dynamic in the classroom with the ability to differentiate the learning material to a range of ability levels.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified teacher with QTS or PGCE.
- Be able to teach Textiles at both KS3 and KS4, responding to departmental policy, National Curriculum guidelines and examination syllabus.
- Have the ability to set challenging teaching and learning objectives which are relevant to all students in their classes.
- Be able to produce long and short term planning in accordance with school policy and procedures and within required deadlines.
- Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills with excellent behaviour management strategies.
- Hold a valid and current DBS.
About the school and contract:
- Excellent career development.
- Interviewing ASAP.
- Supportive and friendly staff to work alongside.
GSL Education offers:
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Direct links to local schools.
- Dedicated Consultants who will support your employment needs.
- Commitment to quality and safeguarding.
- 24/7 support for interview and lesson observation preparation.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving teachers across Greater Manchester. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
For more information on the role, school and how to apply, please contact Paul at GSL Education