Training Support Manager
Becoming a Training Support Manager with Fire Service College:
Capita are looking for a Training Support Manager to lead the design and development of training in accordance with Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) and maintain ongoing engagement with the client Operations Manager and the Fire Service College (FSC) Management team to ensure and assure the effective design and delivery of fire and rescue training.
Work Location: UK wide with limited international travel
Mobile role for the first year of the contract and thereafter in the central office in Gloucestershire
What you will do:
- Responsible for the design and development of courses to meet customer requirements and in accordance with DSAT.
- Responsible for implementing the design methodology providing a specialist resource to carry out the routine review, re-design and improvement of existing courses together with the design of training to meet new or changed requirements.
- Support the client training commissioning function to identify the most effective and efficient means of meeting a training requirement, liaising with 3rd party providers as required.
- Create and sustain positive relations and collaborative partnerships with the full range of stakeholders in order to understand their training requirements, and support, sustain and develop the training service.
- Manage and operate to Capita's standards in all elements of governance and reporting.
- To maintain awareness and ensure adherence to Defence, regulatory and industry matters.
Your experience and skills will include:
- A training requirements, design and delivery professional with prior knowledge and experience of managing training design within the military and in accordance with JSP 822
- Knowledge of, or experience in, operating the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) in the Defence environment
- Recognised training design qualification and/or demonstrable experience of conducting training design within a safety critical and regulated environment
- Leadership and management of multi-site training design and development, including the design of workplace training solutions
- Planning and implementation of training design transformation in a live operational environment
- Achievement of objectives in a complex stakeholder environment, with multiple dependencies on functions and organisations outside of your direct control
- Experience of quality assuring training design to ensure continuous improvement
- Current knowledge of learning theories and design approaches to ensure organisation is at leading edge of learning design
About Fire Service College
The Fire Service College, part of Capita plc, has over 40 years of experience in delivering fire and rescue training internationally. We are experts in equipping today's firefighters and other emergency responders with the best possible skills and training in the latest techniques and procedures. By joining us you'll have access to one of the top fire training venues in the world; a 300-acre venue which enables us to replicate building fires, urban search and rescue scenarios, rail derailments, motorway pile ups and even ship rescues.
The Fire Service College are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holidays, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.