A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the Head Office of a global TV production and distribution company. The business has an abundance of well known, and award winning, programmes known not only in the UK but also on an International basis.
This position sits within their Head Office finance team and requires an experienced individual with a personality that fits the media industry. You will support its growing business with a mix of management and financial accounting.
This position is looking for someone who is a couple of years PQE
- Production of monthly management accounts, with overhead analysis and variance and submit to group
- Annual budget and quarterly forecasting
- Preparation of year end accounts including liaising with the auditors
- Completion of annual corporation tax packs and quarterly VAT reporting
- Prepare weekly cash forecasts for the Treasury team
- Preparation of year end file and statutory accounts
- Monthly reconciliation and confirmation of intercompany loans and accounts within the operating businesses
- Supervision of 1 member of staff
- Monthly overhead analysis and variance
- Monthly recharges to subsidiaries
- Prepare and submit P11ds to HMRC
- Reconciliation of control accounts
- Ensure compliance with the latest tax and technical updates
- Continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
- Fully qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent)
- Solid accounting experience ideally gained within a media or similar industry. Practice will be considered
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities, challenge senior management and influence others to make things happen
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to meet strict deadlines with accurate results
- Confident at building new relationships and deal with senior management
- Strong communication skills
- Technical knowledge of IFRS would be beneficial
- A passion for the creative industry.