Senior Practice Accountant
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Practice Accountant to join an established Accountancy company based in Hailsham.
We are looking for a full-time Senior Practice Accountant to work within our clients friendly team with the prospect to advance your career and work to complete a professional qualification..
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Preparing final accounts for Limited Companies, Sole Traders and Partnerships
- Preparing Corporation Tax computations and filing CT600’s with HMRC
- Preparing Self-Assessment Tax Returns and personal tax computations for Individuals and filing Returns with HMRC
- Liaising with clients and third parties such as HMRC and Companies House
- Supporting the Partner to promote the firm and continue to deliver a high standard of service
- Ad hoc office duties
- Accountancy experience within a Practice - minimum 4 years in Practice
- Comfortable in preparing accounts for a variety of different clients
- Familiar with accounting and bookkeeping software packages ideally Digita, IRIS and QuickBooks Desktop and Online
- VAT and payroll and bookkeeping knowledge
- Be proactive as a team member and happy to work on own initiative
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good organisational and time keeping skills
- Confident with a professional manner
- A qualification in, or working towards ACCA
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.