This established manufacturer has undergone some major changes over the last two years and to ensure the plant runs smoothly, they’re looking to add a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, to work across 3 shifts, to their maintenance Team. If you have a mechanical background together with both planned and reactive maintenance experience and you’re looking to take your career to the next level, you can expect a salary of up to £25,000 together with an excellent and benefits package. If this is you, get in touch.What’s the Job?Reporting to the Engineering Manager, duties will include:
- Carrying out reactive repairs and undertake root cause investigations for quality related issues
- Schedule and undertake planned preventative maintenance, ensuring that all supplies, materials and parts are available in accordance with guidance notes
- Help develop and evolve the guidance notes with engineering where appropriate, to ensure that equipment is operating at optimum output at all times with minimum unplanned disruption/interruption to the production process.
- Provide systems maintenance knowledge, training and advice to support the manufacturing teams
- Provide assistance with the installation of, debug and validation of process equipment to ensure that it is operational and meets with the production requirements and specification.
- Operate in accordance with Health and safety regulations, departmental procedures, company policies and cGMP reporting any unsafe conditions.
- Identify and propose process and systems improvement opportunities
- Complete training and maintain individual records
- Qualified to City & Guilds General Mechanical, Engineering, Electrical Systems, General Maintenance Techniques or equivalent
- Working knowledge of statistical control systems and the ability to use drawing manuals and circuit diagrams as appropriate.
- Experience of machine control systems – PLC/ASI/Pneumatics/HMI would be of benefit