Accounts Assistant/Assistant Accountant
- Practice Accountancy
- Full-time permanent position
My client a well-established chartered accountancy practice, based in Newcastle Upon Tyne who has a niche industry sector. They are experts in delivering a broad range of accounting and advisory services to their clients are looking for a talented individual to join their team who has a practice background.
The role includes;
- Preparation of management accounts for Ltd companies & sole traders *from start to finish independently.
- Working on client sites regularly- some travel required UK wide *fairly distributed across the team; only occasional. Driving licence essential
- Book-keeping VAT returns and management accounts.
- Bank reconciliation
- Data input and cleansing
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Process purchase invoices and credit notes
- Prepare and distribute customer statements
- Essential; Prepare monthly management accounts
Required skills & experience;
- Qualified of part-qualified. AAT Level 4 minimum; ACA; ACCA.
- 3 years minimum experience in Accountancy practice.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple client accounts at one time.
- Confident to advise and liaise with clients on a regular basis.
- Varied computer skills with good system exposure.
- Qualified/part-qualified Accountant who can evidence at least 3 years in a practice accountancy.
- Experience liaising with clients and dealing with a volume of client accounts.
- Experienced in preparation of management accounts without support and can contribute to the overall organisation.
- An ambitious candidate who is interested in developing their professional industry exposure.
- Confident working in a busy office environment who is looking for a career within an interesting and stimulating accountancy practice.
Due to the niche sector my client operates across they are open to receiving CV’s from candidates with a practice background and will provide the necessary training.