Key Account Manager
We are ESco.
We are a dynamic publishing services bureau, providing quality services to professional publishers, and we do it really well. Alive and thriving for over 30 years, we work with some of the UK’s most well-known publishers. We’re renowned experts, and our people are everything. If you’re successful, we’re successful. We encourage and reward hard work whilst aiming for the best work/life balance for every member of our expanding team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Key Account Manager to join our team based in Wethersfield, near Braintree, Essex.
As a Key Account Manager, you’ll be responsible for the management of a key client account dealing with paid magazine subscriptions, free circulation and event databases, all held and maintained on the ESco system. The role requires excellent communication and organisational skills coupled with an in-depth understanding of customer data to enable translation of our client’s business needs into technical solutions.
About the role:
- Be the go-to contact for your client. Building and growing that budding relationship <3
- Running and checking regular processes, such as issue runs and renewals
- Analysing and selecting data using FastStats (previous use would be fab but not a deal breaker)
- Project Management - using in house systems, quoting and invoicing
- Really getting into the nitty gritty and understanding how our client’s data drives their subscriptions and marketing campaigns
- Communicating and coordinate successfully with internal teams and 3rd party companies
- Experience in data management/analysis - desirable but not essential
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Diligent, conscientious and super organised
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and passionate
- A strong problem solver with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to dissect and translate client requirements, briefing in solutions for execution
- Fluent in the Microsoft Office suite (in particular Excel and Access)
- Quick to learn new databases and software systems
- Excellent command of the English language
- Due to our rural location own transport is necessary (car, bike, pony and trap, all modes accepted!)
- Superb career development; with opportunities to progress within a growing company
- A comfortable annual leave package incorporating a day of birthday leave
- A wide range of benefits and discounts all beautifully packaged within a Perkbox subscription
- Excellent working environment (modern, purpose-built office setting with the peace and space of the countryside)
- Extensive training both now and in the future to encourage and facilitate professional growth
- An attractive salary package based on experience and current skills
- The team. Simply. The. Best.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm (40 hours per week) with 30 minutes for lunch (except during busy periods when flexible hours will be required)
Sounds interesting? Click the APPLY button now.
Please include a short cover letter in the same document as your CV.
Candidates with previous experience or job titles including; Key Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Project Management, Account Manager, Technical Account Manager, Data Management, may also be considered for this role.