Workshop engineer - Cardiff
Our client are looking for an engineer to work in their workshop. They are a market leading dealership and offer amazing training!
As part of a friendly and dedicated team you will need to be organised, pro-active and a great communicator. You will need to be able to work on your own initiative to reach the demands of the business to sometimes tight deadlines.
Someone who is not averse to paperwork is essential as we do require clear, timely records completed and filed accurately.
An enthusiastic approach to Training and Development in order to broaden your knowledge and learn new skills.
About the Role
The role is based in our Cardiff Workshops:
- Variety of various repairs and activities on Komatsu Equipment
- Major machine and component overhauls (Engine, transmission, differentials etc)
- Ownership and accountability for workshop tooling and housekeeping (5s Standards)
- Fault finding, Diagnostic and Troubleshooting
- Carry out any other general duties as requested by your Manager / Supervisor
- You may be required to attend our customers sites as and when deemed appropriate
- Health, Safety and Environmental (SPA, CSCS card desirable)
- Qualified in appropriate Engineering discipline to NVQ level 2 or equivalent (Level 3 desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of Hydraulic systems, including reading of schematics and trouble shooting
- Knowledge and experience of Electrical systems, including reading of schematics and trouble shooting
- Experience in removal, disassembly and rebuild of major components (Engines, Transmissions etc)
- Basic IT skills
- Experience with Welding and oxy-acetylene equipment