Finance Manager (FD Designate)
Our client is a successful and profitable family owned fine food wholesale distributor to the quality sector of the catering industry and are renowned as a market leader. Turnover is growing steadily, and they have more than doubled revenues in the last 4 years. Their growth strategy is well founded and we now require an experience Finance Manager (FD Designate) to bring a structured and sustainable approach to this area of the business and head up the small finance team, who is highly ambitious and seeking an opportunity to develop into a Finance Director within 2-3 years for the right candidate.
Reporting directly into the MD, you will need to be comfortable in managing a small team with the desire to become a key player in a closely-knit senior management team. Although the company is well established and structured, you will be required to explore and introduce relevant new thinking and approaches.
The Finance Manager is an important role within the company and responsibilities include overseeing the financial management of the business and working closely with the managing director to develop and improve the financial systems, management information and business efficiency.
Implementation and maintenance of all financial controls and systems within the business, identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures and to ensure that the Company complies with its statutory regulations. The Finance Manager will look after a small team and have the opportunity to play a key role in the decisions and development of this expanding business.
- Heading up the day to day financial activities and responsible for managing a small finance team of four people
- Preparation of month end accounts (P&L and balance sheet), Tax computations (VAT and corporation Tax), bank and balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and prepayments, audits and year end/ annual statutory accounts.
- Overall responsibility for sales and purchase ledgers, credit control, cash management and planning.
- Some foreign currency transactions - exchange rate management.
- Responsible for checking targets and monitoring the performance of each department within the business in line with budgets.
- Oversee tax and regulatory compliance issues.
- Prepare and submit information to statutory authorities including HMRC
- Liaise with external accountant/advisors on the preparation of statutory financial information
- Develop and maintain forecasting models (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow)
- Review and maintain company internal controls
- Assist the management team with annual budgeting and planning
- Other responsibilities include payroll, insurance policies and banking facilities.
- Actively review current finance processes / procedures in line with current and future company requirements. Recommend, agree and implement revised approach to financial management.
- Assist with plans for the introduction of Pension scheme within the company
To be considered for this truly excellent career opportunity, you will be an ACA/ACCA or possibly CIMA fully qualified accountant with at least 2 years post-qualified experience. The ideal candidate will be someone recently qualified, seeking an opportunity to take a step up into a Finance Manager role who has some experience of team leadership who is looking for a company where they can develop into a Finance Director position with the right attitude and application. You must be proficient in Excel, have knowledge of other financial systems software and ideally some experience of improving/implementing new systems in your career to date. The ideal candidate will have experience and working knowledge within SME's and larger companies be a commercially minded finance professional, be driven, self-motivated and possess initiative. Overall, the client is looking for a future leader, who can manage change sensitively and effectively.