Starting with a single train journey from Leicester to Loughborough in 1841, we’ve grown into a travel company that’s constantly thinking about new and innovative ways to take you places: not just on holiday, but in your career too.
Whether you dream of working abroad or want to help create the next marketing campaign, there’s a range of roles across our retail stores, head office, Thomas Cook Airlines and far beyond. From Product Managers to pilots, there’s one thing we all have in common: keeping the customer at our heart.
With a team of over 22,000 colleagues, operating across 15 countries, the opportunities are endless, whether you’ve worked in travel before or are looking to start a new adventure today.
Retail Sales Consultant - Stowmarket - 22.5 hours per week - Permanent Contract
How would you like to make someone’s holiday dream come true? In this role, that’s exactly what you’ll be doing for our customers! We’ll ask you to put yourself in your customer’s flip flops, to truly understand what they’re looking for from their perfect holiday.
We offer a huge range of holidays in destinations all over the world; one day you could be helping a family plan their dream trip to one of our Sentido Hotels in the Mediterranean and the next, it could be a two week safari in the wilds of South Africa for a couple. We can also help our customers with all the extras like holiday money, travel insurance and car hire, so there’ll be lots to keep you busy!
To make sure we’re here when our customers need us, our stores are open in the evening and over the weekend, so you’ll need to be flexible with your working hours.
What you’ll need to succeed in this role:
- A real passion for delivering consistent, outstanding customer service
- Experience in a sales or customer service target driven role would be great
- Fantastic communication, persuading, influencing, learning & researching skills
- Be able to work as part of a team; we’re one Thomas Cook and love to achieve targets together
- This is a sales target environment so you’ll need to be motivated
- Travel experience isn’t necessary but would be really useful
- A confident and fun approach is essential
- Willingness to learn and a commitment to personal development
We will ask a lot of you, but in return you’ll get:
- Target driven bonus & fantastic incentives
- Excellent holiday concessions (including last minute employee offers giving you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at unbelievable prices!)
- Great flexible benefits package (including the opportunity to buy & sell annual leave, childcare vouchers & discounted gym membership)
- Continuous learning with industry leading training with our brand new Retail Check-In Programme
- Great career progression opportunity
- The opportunity to take part in educational trips to support your learning & development, so you can experience our products first-hand
- 23 days holiday, rising to 25 after 2 years
- Contributory Pension
As a large global travel business, including overseas, tour operations and an airline, the sky really is the limit for your career progression. If you’re looking to start a fantastic new journey with a leading international travel company, and you’ve got what it takes to be part of our winning team, then we’d love to hear from you.
Your Induction with Thomas Cook
Your career development is really important to us, so we’ll invest in a five week induction plan for you from the day you start in your new role. During this time, you’ll need to be available to work up to 37.5hrs a week (5 days over 7) to make sure you have all the knowledge you’ll need to work as a travel expert. In week two of your five week induction, you’ll spend four days at our Peterborough Head Office (overnight accommodation will be booked for you if needed) where you’ll meet other new retail colleagues and complete your training together. We’ve planned start dates each month throughout the year. If you’re invited for an interview, your interviewer will be able to explain more about this and answer any questions that you might have.
Flexible on location?
Check our Thomas Cook Store Finder, where you’ll be able to locate your nearest store and search our career site based on the name of the store: https://search.
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.