Beyond is a digital design agency made up of bright and passionate individuals focused on creating and delivering beautiful experiences for our clients. Our clients are ambitious companies with mainstream profiles, across all verticals and operating in all sectors. Our work ranges from an individual specialist being positioned to deliver a core function within a targeted client program, to the full lifecycle creation of a product focused on transforming a pivotal market experience for our clients.
With a focus on creating innovative tech and delivering impactful experiences, we are dedicated to the seamless art of software design and delivery and are seeking a Senior Engineer, Developer or Systems Architect who is just beginning or has aspirations to move into technical management, to join our dynamically diverse engineering team as a Technical Manager. We know the importance of career growth and progression within the technical discipline and are actively seeking individuals who are ready and excited about evolving their role, within the context of software development and delivery, and are ready to take an active part in how we deliver transformative products to our clients.
As a Beyond Technical Manager you’ll have the chance to:
- Actively contribute to the strategy, growth and management of Beyond’s highly diverse and skilled engineering team
- Take on management and mentorship activities that will help build and enhance your interpersonal skills
- Build your soft skills in collaboration, communication and client relationship management
- Work closely with Client and Delivery Services to help develop client accounts, seek out new opportunities and help define new service opportunities
- Work with a variety of clients across different verticals and sectors as part of a Beyond project team
- Co-create and collaborate with different team members across the project, program and agency to ensure quality is embedded at both the process and program levels
- Enhance and further develop your technical management skills by actively learning, shadowing, embracing new methods and practices, all with the focus of contributing to the skill set of the engineering team
- Gain knowledge in new business domains by helping build out teams for the purposes of designing, developing and delivering impactful solutions
As a Beyond Technical Manager, we’d look for you to be able to bring:
- 4-6+ years of commercial experience as a technical lead, either as a senior engineer, developer or systems architect, in the context of software design, development and delivery, with some project management responsibility
- Practical, hands-on experience in standard development practices, architecture standards, and general leadership experience in the delivery of an end-to-end product, service or solution
- A desire, interest and eagerness to take on management activities that include the mentorship and management of engineers - perm, contract, in-house, nearshore and offshore
- Have some experience or exposure to the day-to-day management of engineering, development or architecture teams
- Have experience in scoping, designing and resourcing teams for the purpose of solution design, development and delivery
- Have experience and actively participated in the building and creating of opportunity responses (RFP, RFI, etc.), proposals and in-person sales pitches
- An ability to manage and prioritise multiple activities, across multiple projects, while ensuring consistent output and quality
- A comfortable yet professional communication style that easily translates across teams and within client spaces
- An ability to quickly adapt to and thrive in fast-paced, ever-changing client environments
- An online community footprint and an interest in attending, and participating in, industry conferences, meetups, and/or contributing to blog posts, thought leadership pieces, PoVs, etc.
And in return, Beyond offers:
- A team of passionate people who genuinely care about what they do and the standard of work they produce
- Opportunities to make a difference in a nimble, highly productive environment
- Potential inter-office travel opportunities
- Competitive salary, flexible benefits schemes such as healthcare & dental, workplace pension, 25 days holiday, plus you get your birthday off for free and we have a paid office closurebetween Christmas and New Years
- An ability to offer flexible working options
- Monthly social events organised by the Beyond social committee
Having been named among Sun Times Best 100 Companies, we believe culture plays a large role in what we offer as an organisation. We actively promote diversity in all its forms across our Studios and we proudly, passionately and pro-actively strive to create a culture of inclusivity and openness for all our employees.
If you’re passionate about your career and looking to take that next step, interested in progressively developing your skillset and have an appetite to make an impact on software design, send us your CV, a link to your online profile/footprint, and a quick cover letter outlining your experience and desire on becoming a Technical Manager, to the Beyond team for consideration.