About the Role
We have a number of opportunities for people passionate about customer service and are experienced administrators to deliver professional administrative support virtually. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established team who provide support to the firm’s Partners and Directors across the UK.
This role requires a high level of self management, personal responsibility and the ability to prioritise, organise and manage events and tasks. A customer service mindset is critical. Strong technical skills, the ability to keep up to date with current and emerging technology including social media and other web based networking tools are key to this role. You’ll need to be able to demonstrate a suitability to work for the majority of the time on your own and to make swift sensible decisions in order to support the business at all times
As past of the Business Support team, you’ll work from home four days a week and attend meetings in your base office once a week. You’ll be expected to manage your work priorities within a 40 hour working week and adapt this to the needs of the Partners and Directors you support. You’ll operate in the same way as an office based administrator but must be able to adapt to this remote working environment, being prepared to consider alternative ways of working and communicating in order to form effective and strong relationships.
We’re currently looking for applicants for our Manchester office.You need to have a journey time of no more than 2 hrs as you will be required to be in the office once a week. The majority of your induction and training will typically be at your base office so you will need to be more flexible and available to travel during the initial four weeks of employment.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend a first stage remote video interview, followed by an assessment event (2.5hrs) during June/July with the role starting in September.
Responsibilities in this role will include
- Manage demanding and complex work schedules, using own judgement to prioritise and deliver efficient scheduling of meetings to support your stakeholders and their clients
- Anticipate and coordinate business travel and meeting arrangements
- Take ownership of all enquiries and problems, resolving or escalating issues as appropriate
- Consult with colleagues and specialists to ensure you and your colleagues contribute to knowledge sharing and facilitates the constant development of skills and expertise
- Undertake research using a variety of resources to enhance your own knowledge and understanding and therefore provide greater level of support to your stakeholders
- Manage projects, organise large events, conference or similar activities remotely
- Build strong networks and relationships, internally and externally, demonstrating rapport and empathy with clients and building relationships quickly with your stakeholders and peers
- Use the firm’s systems to maintain client information/travel and expenses
- Exercise confidentiality, discretion and personal sensitivity in all aspects of the role
Skills required for the role
- Demonstrate a commitment to delivering excellent customer service within all aspects of the role, which include having a proactive and can-do attitude at all times.
- Able to demonstrate strong organisational skills, self-motivated, regularly acting on own initiative
- Proven experience of providing administrative support to clients at all levels of seniority
- Proven client relationship management with the ability to achieve this with both internal and external clients remotely
- Experience of managing and prioritising high volumes of work, providing support to multiple stakeholders
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Strong technical skills and the desire to be at the forefront of new and emerging technology ie social media and other web based networking tools and the ability to influence others to use these to enhance the firm’s brand in the market
- The ability to work proactively with the autonomy provided in this role
- Strong task management skills and the ability to manage a number of tasks
- Drive forward initiatives to create a continued sense of “team” within your virtual peer group
- Continually identify, suggest, share and adapt to ways of working with peers and customers
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.