Solutions Architect Architecture AWS Banking Finance London
Solutions Architect (Architecture Technology Solutions Governance AWS Cloud Finance Banking Asset Management Cloud Amazon Web Services) required by our asset management client in London. You MUST have the following:
- Current experience as a Soltuions Architect in an international, corporate financial, regulated environment
- Experience as a Solutions Architect with responsibilities in two of the following three areas:
- Technical architecture- strategy for technology throughout the organisation
- Solutions architecture- guidance, strategy and methods for better generating technical solutions across the organisation
- Governance- information security, standards and compliance with central architectural biases
The following is DESIRABLE, not essential:
- Finance- banking or asset management
- Experience in an organisation that has adopted AI, machine learning
- Development or architectural experience in a front-office trading environment
Role: Solutions Architect (Architecture Technology Solutions Governance AWS Finance Banking Asset Management Cloud Amazon Web Services Cloud Enterprise) required by our asset management client in London. You will be report into the Head of Solutions Architecture as a Lead Solutions Architect. It will be you and him in the team. You will sit in group architecture alongside application and data architecture. The organisation is international, roughly 6000 in size with 500-1000 in IT. You and the Head of Enterprise Architecture will be responsible for technology strategy, solutions and governance. The company is aggressively migrating to AWS. They are about 2 years into this programme and intend to complete it in the next 12-18 months. Together with this, they are fully adopting CI/CD throughout the organisation; and adopting machine learning and AI. The work, over the next 12-24 months, will therefore cover the assessment of technology, often with a mindfulness of it's compatibility with AWS. For instance, a WebSphere MQ estate needs to be decommissioned and replaced; Informatica needs to be replaced with an appropriate solution. From a solutions perspective, you will generate guidance on the best manner to construct solutions and this will largely involve the question of how on-premise monoliths can be migrated to the AWS cloud. Finally, governance will cover best practice for tools and technology as well as the information security considerations that have to be adhered to as a financial organisation. This strategy is published in a central database for 'biases'. The approach of the department is to publish biases that can be challenged by anyone in the department, as opposed to 'rules' or 'policies' that are strictly enforced.
Broadly, the objectives of the team over the next 2 years are to further build the technical biases for the organisation, set controls for governance and support a 'build rather than buy approach' mentality in the department. Of the three main responsibilities- technology, solutions and governance- experience across each area would be ideal but it is appreciated that you may only come with experience in two of the three areas, which is still appropriate.
Salary: £110k - £135k + 20% Bonus + 10% Pension