My client in Huntingdon is recruiting for a buyer to join their busy team on a maternity contract for 9months.
Manage and control the Procurement of designated Materials / Commodities required to meet the needs of the business. Ensure that goods and services are purchased at Best Value - Quality Product / Delivered on Time at the most advantageous price.
· Procurement of catalogue and non catalogue items
· Progress open orders as t ensure that delivery dates are met
· Verify review levels based on usage, MOO, UOM, and sales forecast
· Dealing with purchase orders
· Check Acknowledgements and update the system accordingly. Progress open orders as to ensure that delivery dates are met
· Foster good relationships with Vendors
· Seek new / alternative sources of supply and follow the vendor approval process for their introduction
· Ensure prices paid are within agreed budgeted targets/standard costs
· Undertake cost down projects as directed by Procurement Manager and/or the company management team
· Provide essential support to estimator
· Lend support to estimators to establish the cost of acquisition and assist where necessary to ensure QEs are completed in a timely manner.
Skills Knowledge and Attitudes required
· Ability to influence decision makers and manage relationships with key stakeholders
· Ability to manage commercial negotiations
· Excellent organising, communication and problem solving skills
· Must be a team player
Knowledge and experience
· Previous experience working in a dynamic Purchasing Team
· Systems experience using CACHE and/or similar platform MRP/SAP etc
· A technical knowledge gained from a similar engineering / material supply business
· CIPS qualified would be an advantage
· Excellent numerical, reporting and reasoning skills
Salary - £30,000-£34,000 The ideal candidate will be available immediately or at short notice.
If you hold the skills and experience above, please send your CV to
Successful candidates will be contacted up to days after applying.