Key Stage 2 Classroom Teacher - Full-time
Start Date: Sep 2019
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational KS2 teacher to join our supportive, friendly and high achieving school.
This position would be ideal for NQTs or teachers early on in their career.
This is a great opportunity to become part of a fantastic primary school from September 2019. We have wonderful children, supportive parents, amazing staff and well-being is a priority for all staff and children.
To join us you will need to be:
- An inspiring and motivated teacher
- Have experience of teaching in KS1/ KS2
- Keen to learn and develop your teaching
- Committed to excellence, inclusion and high expectations
- Hardworking and organised with good communication skills and a good sense of humour
- Willing to contribute to the wider life of the school
We can offer you
- Enthusiastic, polite and well behaved children
- An extremely friendly, caring and welcoming staff team
- Weekly PPA time which can be taken at home
- A school laptop
- Dedicated NQT time each week and a supportive, trained mentor
- Full access to Kent’s NQT induction programme
- Classroom support from a hardworking and experienced teaching assistant
- Regular opportunities to observe good and outstanding practice
- Ongoing professional development including additional NQT training within our local collaboration of primary schools
- Genuine commitment to promoting and ensuring a good work / life balance for all our staff
We were rated as Good by Ofsted in November 2017 and we are well on our way in our journey towards Outstanding.
Visits to the school are essential.
Please contact the school office on 01732 843352 to arrange a suitable time. We would love to meet you and show you around our fantastic school.
Suitable candidates who apply before the deadline, may be invited to attend an interview before the official closing date.
Closing Date: 17/05/2019 at 23:00
Information about the school
The school is noted for its friendly, caring atmosphere, enthusiastic pupils, experienced and dedicated staff, supportive parents and governors.
We recognise that our staff are our most important resource and are to be valued, supported and encouraged to develop personally and professionally within a learning and caring community.
Our effective feedback policy is based on the DfE Eliminating Unnecessary Workload Around Marking guidance and encourages ‘liver marking’ during lessons.
As part of our local collaboration, we work closely alongside other local primary schools. We also have strong links with Canterbury Christ Church University.
We aim to give our children a very positive start to their school experience in a caring and nurturing environment.
Pupils feel safe and well cared for. The school does outstandingly well in providing support and encouragement for the most vulnerable pupils.
Our children are highly motivated and we offer a broad, rich curriculum.
We are well-resourced and very fortunate to have plenty of outdoor space which includes our own Forest School.
We have high expectations for achievement, behaviour, attitude and attendance.
You would be joining a fabulous and experienced team which includes a number of highly trained teaching assistants.
Lunsford Primary school is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.