Senior Manager Mergers & Acquisitions Tax
Who We Are
We're the leading UK provider of tax services in terms of the reputation, size and scope of our practice. The work we do is diverse and our clients span a range of industries, from multinational organisations, to entrepreneurs and family businesses.
Our goal is to provide a technology enabled service you can be part of, working alongside people with experience in developing solutions for our clients.
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. It’s this focus that influence the services we provide and decisions we make.
We seek to attract the best people from a diverse talent pool and encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. This is what makes us a strong organisation with an increasingly agile workforce which is why we’ve introduced Everyday Flexibility, encouraging you to balance work and life. ‘Dress for your Day’ lets you choose what you feel is appropriate to wear for each working day.
The South East Region spans across six offices and is a growth priority for the board. We’re looking for a Senior Manager to join our successful Deals Tax Practice with ambitious growth plans. We work with a diverse range of well-known clients at local, national and global levels, and have an inspiring working environment. This role will offer you exposure to a high standard of tax advisory work with a varied client base. As a Senior Manager, you’ll work in a team of problem solvers with consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to being:-
- You will be responsible for managing members of a growing team and providing excellent quality advisory services to a high profile portfolio of both Private Equity and Corporate clients.
- Your responsibilities will predominantly be focussed on tax advice in relation to transactions. The work is wide-ranging including major corporate transactions, mid-tier Private Equity, global and domestic deals, supporting our clients throughout the deal cycle.
- You will be part of a national M&A network. The team will provide you with the opportunity to put into practice your tax technical and transaction based skills in a stimulating and challenging environment.
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum of 2:1 degree
- UK professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/ATT/CTA/legal qualification) or overseas equivalent.
- You will have gained significant international and UK corporate tax advisory experience, and experience of M&A tax.
- You will need a flexible approach to allow you to work as part of a number of client/transaction teams simultaneously.
- You will need a flexible approach to allow you to work as part of a number of client teams simultaneously.
- You will have experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and internally.
- You will need strong analytical skills and a proven ability to solve complex problems in a collaborative and creative way.
- You will have experience of project managing and delegating work within a team context.
- You will have a focus on self-development and in the development of others in your teams.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently and knowledgeably with PwC staff and partners at all levels across the business, as well as with senior client management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong internal networks and client relationships
- Demonstrable experience of successful client management
- Efficiently planning and delivering work, taking responsibility for budgeting, resourcing, billing and compliance and demonstrating an awareness of risk management issues, managing own workload as well as junior members of the team
- Experience of developing new opportunities and taking a pro-active approach to winning work
- Taking advantage of new opportunities for learning, sharing new knowledge, being intellectually agile and thinking creatively
- Proven team-management experience, including supporting the development of junior members of the team and being a team player
- Ability to think creatively to solve client needs.
- Delivering quality work for clients, demonstrating an understanding of the client’s business and relevant professional standards and maintaining respectful client relationships.
- Developing and applying a high level of skills, knowledge and standards and staying current with technology and industry trends.
- Demonstrating leadership, modifying behaviours to work effectively with others, respecting and valuing all people and encouraging different perspectives.
- Promptly addressing problems, challenging the questionable behaviour of others and maintaining standards of professionalism.
We understand that applicants may not feel comfortable in applying for a role unless they fully meet the requirements as advertised. We want to encourage people to apply who may not fully meet the requirements but still have relevant skills and experience to fulfil the role.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.