Title: DT Technician
Salary Scale: £70-£100 per day dependent upon experience
Start Date: September 2019
GSL Education are currently seeking to appoint an outstanding Design & Technology Technician to join a friendly and dynamic Ofsted rated 'Outstanding’ school.
The role is at a mixed secondary school based in Havering, London. The school is looking for someone who can start immediately or from September 2019. This is a permanent role.
The school are looking for a Design & Technology Technician who has previous working experience in a school setting and who can provide high-quality technical support and assistance to the Design Technology Department so that learning and teaching can be of the highest possible standard.
The school are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS enhanced disclosure check.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate recent experience as a DT Technician within a Design technology department
- Have experience of working with children in a school setting
- Possess appropriate certificates for pillar drill, circular saw and bandsaw
- Have knowledge of COSHH and ESCC regulations in relation to the safe handling and storage of chemicals
- Have knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Have knowledge of safe working practices in relation to the handling and use of hazardous equipment and tools
- Be able to use ICT (CAD / CAM) in a classroom setting
- Demonstrate experience in the set-up, use of maintenance of a range of CAM equipment including laser cutters, 3D printers, sublimation printers and vinyl cutters
- Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving Teachers and Support Staffs across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist in our client Schools.
We welcome applications from all DT Technicians who feel that they can add value to this school and who can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment.
Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Education Consultant, Sonia Zamir, as soon as possible.