Machine Learning Product Specialist
Machine Learning Product Specialist - Aldershot - 6 months
Machine Learning / MI / Artificial Intelligence / AI / Data / Modelling / Architecture / Enterprise / Strategy
Machine Learning Product Specialist required by our leading communications client in Aldershot, Hampshire, for an initial 6-month contract.
A high calibre professional you will help the client realise the optimum in unobtrusive safety and security for international travel and civil protection. Working with the management business to enrich and realise the potential of products and solutions, bringing combined benefits to the public and all stakeholders in transportation, civic spaces, ports, hotels, freight, and more.
You will help to create and evolve products and solutions by combining future identity, bio-metric, automation, machine learning and mobile technologies with a deep understanding of environmental factors, international and national policy, legacy enterprises, deployment and operating needs.
Supporting product managers, you will develop product and solution road-maps, fill gaps in the existing product portfolio, develop partnerships with 3rd parties and support opportunity success in diverse markets.
You will develop thought leadership in our markets, working with existing and potential customers and participating in industry forums and social media.
- Product Innovation/Definition
- Develop and lead a cross functional team that helps shape ongoing strategy and ensures the timely/cost effective and quality delivery of product developments and product performance
- Create and deliver the vision, strategy and road-map of your product(s).
- Work consultatively in with product DevOps teams, forming the bridge between customer requirements and technical delivery capability.
- Work with Product Management to shape and prioritise product roadmap
- Own the product backlog in support of the product roadmap
- Passionately articulate the vision of what is to be built, clearly defining priorities.
- Convey that vision to the DevOps team(s) and work with that team to continue to shape and inform that vision.
- Ensure backlog items are clearly expressed, understood, have value and priority.
- Be accountable for the products' functional and operational requirements
- Ensure transparency into the upcoming work of the DevOps team.
- Take a data driven approach to change wherever possible.
- Manage partnerships and supplier relationships
- Support Product Managers throughout the build/launch process to ensure delivery of the right product to market
- Engages with Solution Architect to support and ensure that each project phase meets overall requirements and engineering governance.
- Propose process improvements where necessary.
- Through a thorough understanding of customer needs, the competitive landscape and market trends, regularly identify new opportunities, as well as requirements for enhancements to existing products/services
- Contribute to the product vision strategy and target market
- Research and develop views of the market, competition, industry trends and Government trends in support of the portfolio strategy
- Make recommendations for the planning and prioritisation of product investments with the context of the solution line portfolio strategy.
- Undertake market analysis thanks to a strong network within the industry (working group, relationship with peers in the industry...)
- Education and Professional Qualifications
- Minimum of 8-10 years IT experience or equivalent work experience in a relevant environment
- Experience in large data-driven, analytics or security focused organisations desirable.
- Experience in a Lead Systems Integrator or similar large engineering firm would be an advantage.
- Experience creating and delivering solutions in a Defence, Civil or other Government domain would be an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
- Deep and applied skills and experience in artificial intelligence and / or machine learning techniques and tools
- Good understanding of data modelling and data architecture.
- Demonstrate analytical flexibility and versatility.
- Understanding of how own work fits into the bigger picture
- Ability to extract and appreciate the business context to inform the architectural solution
- Knowledgeable on how process, capabilities and components are connected and interact
- Good interpersonal skills to elicit stakeholder requirements, whilst being able to challenge and ability to work with ambiguity, whilst aiming for clarity
- Good capability of leading and influencing virtual teams focused on delivery and support within an international environment
- Deep and applied knowledge of Enterprise Architecture/IT Strategy.
- Strong understanding of system integration and hardware issues.
- Demonstrate ability to work within a client's whole complex solution environment and the interoperability requirements whilst developing specific architectural solutions
- Understanding of market requirements, functional specifications and operational requirements
- Good knowledge of the IT & ATI industries and economic drivers
- Innovation Skills and a track record of significant experience in defining market requirements and functional specifications
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.