Software Development Manager
**Software Development Manager/Engineering Manager* (Online/Retail/Eccom experience needed at some point in career)
Salary: Up to 70,000 +15% bonus (flexible working)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Software Manager to join a rapidly expanding and ambitious organisation, based in Manchester. This business are making use of the latest technologies and infrastructure trends, such as micro services, containerisation, working with the latest cutting edge technology. You will be helping to drive technology change and help build and grow a fantastic development team who will help build and develop cutting edge platforms for it's customers. The business are wrapping these services around best in class cloud-based technologies like Stripe, AWS, Amplience and SAP, building a world-class tech stack. We're looking for the brightest and best to help shape this future with us, more details below.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Software Engineering Manager leads the dynamic development team and off-shore development resources and is responsible for the design, implementation and management of a variety of 'business critical' applications across our multi-channel estate.
- You will shape the development process and the strategy and manage a team of around 16 developers
- You will have experience within Agile/Scrum methodologies and working practices.
- You will be familiar with squads, tribes and guilds and work to encourage flexibility, innovation and creativity in an efficient development process.
- You will continue to develop good practices designed to help implement secure coding deep in the heart of DevOps based development and deployment processes
Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Set the standards in development and application management and provide leadership for continuous delivery by managing the team throughout, obtaining necessary resources, removing roadblocks, and escalating effectively.
- Coordinate, coach, and inspire a distributed set of agile teams, effectively implementing Agile/Scrum across all product domains.
- Take ownership of the offisite/onshore/offshore software development relationships, building a successful partnership to ensure effective delivery.
- Be responsible for embedding and developing software development methodology which is fit-for-purpose and enabling the development team to deliver.
- Drive the implementation of Devops based development and deployment processes, working with the Head of IT Operations to balance flexibility and quality assurance.
- Manage, motivate and maintain a high performing software development function (quality and speed of delivery).
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Given the potential future growth, a strong and experienced Software Manager is required, with demonstrable leadership skills and a broad experience base, preferably within an ecommerce/multi-channel environment.
- You will have the gravitas to impress peers and generate respect across the business through building relationships with others and the strength of your personality.
- Extensive experience in managing development teams with a strong customer ethos and a collaborative working culture.
- Be able to motivate, lead and mentor a talented team of software developers.
- A strong technical background across any technology stack
- Commercially minded with the ability to understand the business impact of technology change. Central to success will be the need to be delivery focused with a proactive and 'can-do' attitude
If you have the relevant experience, please submit a CV to -