Test EngineerOur client, a global IT Consultancy are seeking a Test Engineer based onsite with a leading telecoms provider located in Ipswich, Suffolk.The role holder will be responsible for CPE device testing and test management activities for Home Hub and other CPE devices. Working closely with Hub development teams and leads for CPE area; this includes technical management of vendors in line with the platform test strategy. Technical diagnostics of reported faults and root cause analysis, internal stakeholder management and liaising with teams, suppliers and vendors.Candidates will be responsible for providing technical Test leadership and creating Test Automation within the project. Candidates will also work closely with the assigned delivery manager and technical project team, taking ownership of issues and tasks relating to the project area.Test Engineer key skills
- Experience of testing of embedded CPE hardware and software, preferably within the home gateway space but certainly within the CPE area.
- Deep working knowledge of Test Automation and Test Management practives
- Desirable to have testing experience in areas including, but not restricted to: IPv4/IPv6, PPP, IPoE, Wifi, UPnP / Multicast, EoGRE, TR069, TR181.
- Desirable to have Technical understanding of the UK broadband network and associated standards, particularly G.Fast and VDSL.
- Proven vendor and stakeholder management skills with excellent communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience of Automation is essential with knowledge of Quali systems toolset or similar tools.
- Must have experience in using automation frameworks. Ideally including some experience in either Quali TestShell, Spirent TestCenter, Selenium or similar to automate lab equipment.
- Must have the ability to work in a high-pressure environment to often challenging timescales
- Desirable to have knowledge and understanding of Access networks – DSL (ADSL2+, VDSL2, G.Fast)
- Embedded C testing
- Gateway testing - Automation
- Testing of Gateway products
- Network oriented and service oriented
- Good scripting skills with either Python or BashBash