Fyte Recruitment are currently supporting one of our global manufacturing clients based in the Derbyshire area in their search for an experienced Site Engineering Manager. This is a permanent role that will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to be part of the Senior Management team on site and be responsible for the direction of the Engineering function.
My client needs someone who can become the go to expert on site for all fault finding and maintenance planning queries and your role will involve the creation and implementation of a PPM system. It would be advantageous to be electrically bias with experience of PLC fault finding and drive management, however, general multi-skilled candidates will also be considered.
You will be responsible for a team of 13 Engineers - managing their development plans, training opportunities and general day to day workloads. This role will be fairly hands on in the early days, requiring you to lead by example and set a standard of working.
The general duties will include:
- Delivering innovative cost effective solutions to all engineering problems and meet all engineering targets.
- Develop Engineering plan to ensure that root cause analysis and continuous improvement are carried out across the site.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to drive tactical and strategic actions to achieve optimum availability of Production capabilities.
- Managing the Engineering budgets and preventative maintenance plan.
- Responsible for drive change across Engineering.
- Assist in the scoping out and preparation of capital investment proposals.
Given the nature of my clients business it is essential that you come from a fast paced production/environment, ideally a 24/7 operation. You must have prior experience of working in a senior engineering position and be interested in culture, team and process development.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is part of Morgan Philips Group and is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.