Accounts Administrator (Credit Control)
Job Title: Accounts Administrator - Credit Control
Location: Broadland Business Park, Norwich
Salary: £18,000 - £18,500 per annum (dependent on experience
Hours 37.5 hours per week
We are the UK’s leading provider of emergency, responsive and pre-planned commercial glazing, door and lock repair services. We have experienced glazing specialists who will ensure that projects are delivered at the highest quality. As part of the VPS Group, we have access to unparalleled resources, covering the country.
This is a great opportunity to join our small but friendly team and learn new skills on the job. We are seeking someone who has a can do attitude and displays the aptitude to succeed and wants to learn, who has a hands on approach to all work duties and understands the importance of the role.
We are seeking a proactive Accounts Administrator to join our busy Credit Control team in Norwich. You will be responsible for accurate data input and maintaining cash postings to the sales ledger, administer bank payments and provide support to Credit Controller (Excess and Local Work) through various collection methods.
Your duties will also include receiving/processing payments via Cheques, card payments Bacs, processing cheques to the bank, processing details on to the accounts system, ensuring payment matches invoices and dealing with credit notes if needed. Working alongside the Credit Controller, assisting in the chasing invoices over 30 days. You will send out correspondence to match these invoices, dealing with legal action if needed.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook, strong PC skills. Must be adept in the use of Excel (to pivot table standard), Word, and email - Essential
- Data entry experience - numerate and accurate with the ability to demonstrate attention to detail - Essential
- Professional manner and confidence when dealing with customers - able to communicate at all levels face to face and by telephone.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise daily tasks.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Demonstrates the ability to work on own initiative and take ownership of tasks.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to achieve shared objectives.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good problem solving skills and able to use your own initiative.
- Resilient under pressure
- Strong service ethos
- Professional and trustworthy
- Fast growing business with excellent opportunities for career progression and development.
- Company pension scheme
- Annual leave 22 days rising to 25 days and 8 bank holidays (Pro-rata)
- Employee benefits, such as Health Care Cash Plan includes an employee assistance programme and a discounted shopping portal.
Please be aware due to the work that we undertake you will be required to undertake a Credit Check and Criminal Record and Barring Check known as a DBS check.
If you have not been contacted within 10 working days of your application, then unfortunately on this occasion you have not been successful.
Closing date: TBC
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018 - As part of any recruitment process, the VPS Group collects and processes personal data relating to potential employees. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meeting our data protection obligations. For Further Information please refer to our website.
VPS are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age