Aspiring Science Teacher September 2019 start
Aspiring Science Teacher | September 2019 start
Did you know… Footprints and tyre tracks left behind by astronauts on the moon will stay there forever as there is no wind to blow them away?
>Aspiring Science Teacher post
>Science graduate with a 2:2 or above (Biology, Chemistry or Physics) for Unqualified Teacher role
>Colchester secondary school
>Full-time, permanent – teacher training progression opportunities
>£70-£80 per day
Are you a Science Graduate who has a keen interest in becoming a Science Teacher in the future? Do you want to gain some vital classroom experience before embarking the challenges of teacher training?
Role of an Unqualified Science Teacher:
• The successful Unqualified Science Teacher will be confident to prepare/create and deliver lessons to full classes of 20-25 students on a teaching timetable
• You will be supporting mixed ability students in KS3 up to KS4 and knowledgeable of the correct curriculum for each year group
• Utilising the school’s new, up to date facilities and equipment to create engaging lessons
What support does the Unqualified Science Teacher get?
• As an Unqualified Science Teacher, even though you are expected to be confident to deliver lessons from the beginning, you are well supported by the Head of Department and will work closely with the fantastic network of experience teachers in the department
• You will be enrolled onto the schools regular CPD training which is led by a strong SLT
• You will also have your own mentor, who you will meet with weekly to discuss strengths and weaknesses
• Located in Colchester, this secondary school work hard to grow their own teachers. They ensure all staff, qualified and unqualified are given the maximum support and ensure successes are celebrated. Retaining their teachers is important to the Head Teacher, the successful Unqualified Science Teacher will be offered schools direct teacher training for September 2020, if suitable.
If you are looking to explore your options ready for September 2019 and believe that this role could be the ideal next step for your career… why not submit your application today? Click the ‘apply’ button and send your CV to Lauren at Edustaff.
Please note: only successful Biology, Chemistry or Physics graduates will be contacted.