Mortgage Underwriter - £24,647 plus Bonus in Wolverhampton
A new role with a 'Times Top 100 Company to work for' within their Underwriting department is now recruiting for a Mortgage Underwriter.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the processing of all new mortgage applications through to Completion as per lending policy for the client.
Being an approachable, adaptable and flexible individual with the ability to remain calm when working under pressure and delivering exceptional customer service are all key attributes required for this role.
This role will also involve making Mortgage lending decisions in line with lending authorities and the Bank's lending policy.
Being able to proactively manage relationships with brokers to enable efficient management of new and ongoing applications, ensuring that any issues that arise are effectively resolved will also be key to this role. As this will also involve providing recommendations for applications outside of the mandate ensuring all cases have a rationale for the lending decision
Key Skills required:
• Experience within a Mortgage role of Short Term and ideally Long Term Lending
• Experience with Legal Title and general Law that is applied to Mortgage Lending
• Experience with property related issues
• An ability to negotiate and liaise with brokers to ensure the correct level of risk pricing and quality of application
• An understanding of the Short Term and Specialist Mortgages business’s
• Must have held a Underwriting lending mandate
This role would provide a competitive basic salary of £24,647 plus benefits including, on-site parking and Life Assurance of up to 3 times basic salary and a performance related bonus up to 20% of the salary based upon achieving company budgets and targets.
Monday–Friday working hours with a full time permanent opportunity available and no evening or weekend working.
Apply on-line or if you would like more information on this role, or any role within the mortgage market please contact Mithun Bhagwan - Reed's Specialist Mortgage Recruitment Consultant.
REED Mortgages - The UK's leading specialist recruiter in Mortgage Advice, Support, Underwriting, Compliance and BDM roles.