Private Sector Housing Enforcement Officer
A temporary ongoing position for a Private Sector Housing Enforcement Officer has arisen with the Fenland District Council.
You will provide a holistic, co ordinated approach to tackling poor property conditions in the private rented sector in Wisbech and data gathering to help tackle Modern Day Slavery.
- Respond appropriately to customer enquiries and provide accessible customer information via a range of media
- To undertake street by street property inspections of all private rented accommodation in March as well as the appropriate enforcement action and case work where required
- Gather data and information on landlords and or agents, property size and location, tenants data via a questionnaire and input on to data base via Idox Uniform to capture this information and maintain it.
- Undertaking duties as required for delivering Houses in Multiple Occupation
Experience and Skills:
- Use of housing ICT systems and other proprietary software in common use.
- Relevant post qualification experience in housing enforcement - Housing Health & Safety Rating Standard knowledge and practical experience of undertaking enforcement action.
- Effective evidence gathering for successful enforcement action.
- Housing and community functions, processes and guidance from national bodies and local liaison group policies relevant to and at a depth relevant to the role.
- PACE, Criminal Investigation and Procedures Act, RIPA, preparation of evidence, service of statutory notices.
- A Corporate or Graduate Member of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health and holder of EHORB Registration.
- Housing Health & Safety Rating System (HHSRS) qualification and experience of implementation within the private sector housing market.
- Current valid Driving Licence and use of a car.
Hours of work are 8.30am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.