Your new company
This is one of the UK's leading brands originally known as one the biggest produces of paper maps they are transforming there business to produce digital map data, online route planning, sharing services and mobile apps plus many other location based products.
Your new role
Sensed Data Workstream B Sensed Data is all about creating the next-generation remote sensed capability, an integral element to the companies enterprise architecture. It will move activity from research, to PoC to engineering. It will take today's data collection and management operation and make it fit for purpose for tomorrow's content requirements. It is underpinned by three drivers:
Driver 1: To create the future geospatial data collection, management and content derivation needsDriver 2: To generate efficiencies in today's operationsDriver 3: To develop short to medium term new capability that can create revenue opportunities, including customer co-funded PoCs.
Sensed Data Workstream B is now focussed around two product / service streams that will drop capability into the business - they are National BaseMap and HD Streets.
- National BaseMap: The provision of a national overview map covering all geographies
- HD Streets: The provision of detailed content, particularly in urban extents, and primary transport links
Description of Deliverables:
- Iteration Test plans
- Acceptance test criteria written in BDD
- Clear understanding and articulation of testing Non-Functional requirements
- Write and execute Functional tests for each iteration (if appropriate)
- Use appropriate tools to execute non-functional testing (if appropriate)
- Timely reporting of test results to test lead and development team
What you'll need to succeed
Experience: Working within an agile team, the Test Analyst will be responsible for designing, writing and executing manual and automated test suites to ensure adequate and effective test coverage and provide test assurance of the user stories according to the defined acceptance test criteria. They will manage and execute the test outcomes on an agile project in a test-first environment using cloud architecture. They will work closely with Software Engineers in delivering the test activities to meet the functional and non-functional requirements and ambitions of our stakeholders, whilst contributing to effective agile delivery. Behaviours:
- Proven analytical skills, designing and implementing tests around TDD/BDD feature files for functional and non-functional test activities
- Understand business requirements and work with delivery teams and stakeholders to develop the appropriate test approach and define acceptance criteria for successful delivery
- Experience of allocating and prioritising own work
- Good knowledge of agile methodologies and working closely with engineers, advising on process improvement
- Excellent knowledge of testing techniques and the use of appropriate test tools
- Experience of reviewing test outcomes and producing relevant documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders and customers
- Design appropriate automated and manual test suites to ensure adequate and effective test coverage and assurance
- Execute test suites to ensure full test coverage, quality and adherence to acceptance test criteria
- Awareness of geospatial systems and technologies
- Qualified to Foundation Level in Software Testing (or equivalent)
- Experience of working with Azure DevOps
- Experience of delivering automated test frameworks in a test-first CI/CD environment
- Experience of testing on a cloud platform
Knowledge or experience of machine learning practices
What you'll get in return
£Neg Day Rate, 6 Month Contract inside IR35
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.