Principal Engineer - Nuclear Interfaces
Principal Engineer (Nuclear Interfaces) - Barrow and travel to Derby of a rota basis - Permanent - Competitive Salary + Benefits
Would you like to work as the point of liaison between two Defence and Maritime industry leaders? We currently have a vacancy for a Principal Engineer (Nuclear Interfaces) at our clients site in Barrow, but will involve travel on a shift basis to our site in Derby. As a Principal Engineer (Nuclear Interfaces), you will confirm by review and surveillance assumptions underpinning engineering data, analysis methodologies, and interpretation of results are appropriate to the need of the whole boat provider teams. This role will provide you with wider visibility across the business, specifically within engineering.
Your main responsibilities as a Principal Engineer (Nuclear Interfaces) will involve:
- Representing designers to ensure investment & requirements are met
- Facilitating good communication between the Derby site and the teams in Barrow
- Liaising with customers both internal and external and suppliers to ensure there requirements and needs are considered, incorporated, and where appropriate agreed
- Monitoring progress against the program schedule
- Regular reporting on activity through the Propulsion Engineering Integration Team
Your skills and qualifications:
- STEM degree or equivalent experience
- Possess sufficient experience of submarine nuclear steam raising plant (NSRP) and ideally submarine design.
- Have an understanding of how the product is operated
- The aptitude to identify unusual characteristics and other departures from normal practice that may require deeper investigation
- Previous PAG and or RTG membership would be an advantage
To apply for the role please send a copy of your CV to or call Greg on +44 (0) 2393 878 269 for more information.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.