Applications Business Analyst
Job Title: Applications Business Analyst
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £35k to £50k DOE
We're currently recruiting for an Applications Business Analyst to join our well-established client based in Poole.
Working within the busy IT team, this role will complement the existing members, focusing on improving existing critical business systems and processes across the breadth of the business, as well as assisting in implementing new solutions.
The Applications Business Analyst role is involved in both project and support based tasks, and is expected to be able to hit the ground running. Working closely with users, managers & directors across the business. The successful candidate will be able to identify and implement systems and process improvements while working effectively as part of a team and with the 3rd party software providers.
The experienced candidate is required to take a leading role in systems development, upgrade projects and process methodologies to ensure the business is meeting customer expectations and driving efficiency gains that provide a competitive advantage.
Main activities include:
- Analysing existing systems, clearly identifying and defining issues causing a detrimental impact upon the business.
- Working with business users to document clear requirements for potential improvements.
- Evaluate proposed solutions, including cost benefit analysis, to determine the most suited.
- Liaising with third party software providers or in-house developers to implement new applications or upgrades to existing systems.
- Provide project management support and regular status updates to the IT Manager and directorship.
- Where applicable, look to adapt existing programs and troubleshooting any application support issues
- Utilising tools such as Power BI to provide clear and concise data visualisations to users.
- Supporting multiple projects 'hands-on' through their entire project lifecycle's ensuring the delivery of cost-effective and valued-added IT solutions to the business and its customers. (Must be flexible and happy to carry out all project-related activities as required).
- Ensuring users get the maximum benefit from IT and business software (via training guides/workshops).
Required background and knowledge:
- Innovative, enthusiastic and personable.
- At least 5 years' commercial I.T. experience of implementing business applications and delivering change
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and work to strict deadlines.
- Presents, documents, and discusses solutions in a knowledgeable, credible and convincing manner to all levels of seniority, externally and internally.
- Experience with WMS and ERP systems
- Full UK driving licence
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in a Computing\ Business\ STEM discipline.
Required Technical skills:
- Microsoft Office Power User
- MS SQL Server basic skills - including some of T-SQL, Power BI & Reporting Services
- Application deployment procedures
- Experience with Filemaker Pro
- MS Office VBA development skills
- Sage 200c experience
- Experience of WMS systems.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
By applying for the role, you agree that Fresh Recruits may contact you under GDPR Article 6(1)(b) in connection with your application by email and/or telephone and you consent to receiving information by email and/or telephone in relation to Fresh Recruits providing you with work finding services, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our Data Protection, Privacy Notice and Full Equal Opportunities policies can be viewed here: https://freshrecruits.co.uk/privacy-policy/