Data Analyst - £22K - Fitness & Lifestyle - London
A rapidly expanding fitness business.
You will be a data-crunching, technically proficient analyst with a commercial mind set who can help to make intelligent, data-driven decisions about how to grow and adapt the business.
This role would suit someone of graduate level with at least 1-2 years appropriate work experience with commercial / consumer data.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Support of CRM initiatives; running queries, making selections and manipulating campaign data from our booking system or from within our email system (MailChimp) - for use in ongoing email communications
- Analysis of our membership base to help our Marketing Team understand the Lifetime Value (LTV) of each membership type
- Supporting the creation of a new Customer Segmentation Strategy
- Getting the most out of the website, content and social platforms - by understanding and helping in the optimization of customer journeys
- With the assistance of the finance team, undertaking financial analysis (for example) around margin and yield and presenting financial data in Board reports.
- Being responsible for competitor and market pricing analysis to ensure our classes and services are priced correctly at each location, and working with other members of the team to refine our pricing approach
- Performing ad hoc analyses as requested on our growing set of class booking data, looking for trends and insights that will help us optimize our timetables at each Studio location
- Taking the initiative to identity and undertake additional analyses that could help to prove or disprove hypotheses about the business
- Being the go-to data person in the company - an intellectual powerhouse that can bring analytical rigor to any situation
Who fits the bill?
- A love of building and playing with models in Excel (and a love for tidy, well-formatted sheets) - you need advanced Excel skills
- Experience of working with data in a rigorous environment (commercial or educational)
- Experience or desire to learn technical skills such as Google Analytics
- Basic understanding of economic and financial principles
- Degree educated to a good level or equivalent experience
- Pricing experience a bonus
- Proven self-starter with a drive to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
- Inquisitive and analytical mind, capable of tackling complex problems
- Fine attention to detail and quality control
- Eagle-eyed ability to spot trends and pick out statistical inaccuracies
- Ability to communicate findings in an accessible way (explain what you think it means, don’t just send us the spread sheet)
- A flexible, "get it done" attitude
- Excellent spoken and written English