Applications Manager - SQL
World leading Beverage company is looking for a Local Apps Functional Manager to join the business within the next couple weeks, to support the North West Hub throughout Europe.
One of the largest Beverage companies in the world and also a major supplier of Wines and Spirits in the UK. With an rapidly expanding portfolio, the number of projects are continuously growing and the need for an IT Local Apps Functional Manager has come up.
The main purpose of this role is to identify and resource a specific 'expert' that will manage 'non-core' solutions within the NW Hub but more closely linked with the UK business. These solutions are seen as key in terms of ensuring the company continues to grow in the future & enhances its competitive position in a very dynamic and competitive UK.
Excellent relationships with the business users is essential to understand requirements and to manage the implementation of systems effectively.
- Building relationships and driving the agenda with key businesses, to ensure business applications requirements are met
- Produce specifications for changes to, or new implementations of business applications
- Develop business applications enhancements as required
- Proactively analyse processes in the business to ensure end to end process optimisation
- Maintain up to date process documentation
- Ensure integrity of systems
- Provide effective communication with all stakeholders to ensure integration of IT functions throughout the organisation
- Manage the relationship with external business system suppliers
- Undertake other IT project management task as required
- Provide frequent status reports for the projects
- Manage local contracts with external suppliers
- The key IT Applications used are; SAM, INFORM, AIO, Duty Rec, HATS, GWC, Therefore, Power Apps & Trex.
- Stakeholders sit within HR, Finance and Operations and will be Heads Of, IT Business Owners however not director level
- Desktop Software is primarily Microsoft based
- Will be based in the IT Team at the head office in Chiswick, West London
- 350 users (approximately half based in the office and the other half remotely)
- Supporting countries such as; Lithuania, Sweden, Estonia, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, UK and Latvia
The successful individual will be expected to lead through example (and potentially in a training environment) a best practice approach to leading a project in the business.
- Good understanding of SQL and pulling data from different systems (a high number of applications are in SQL)
- Experience of the following IT applications would be beneficial however not essential - SAM, INFORM, AIO, Duty Rec, HATS, GWC, Therefore, Power Apps & Trex.
- Great at building and maintaining relationships with the business users and overall IT Team, including Senior stakeholder management
- Strong ability at understanding the user requirements in relation to the business applications
- Project Management experience
- Strong experience working in an IT function/department
- Good a managing systems effectively
- Brilliant at time management and meeting deadlines
- Clear communicator and knowing when to raise a change to a deadline in advance
- Business acumen
- Proactive attitude of continuous system improvement
- Service orientated approach
- Knowledge of systems analysis, design and development methodologies
- Experience of working in a controlled environment following change management procedures
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Experience from a Beverage, FMCG, distribution or sales led organisation would be a strong advantage
- Minimal travelling involved within the North West Hub (Europe), mainly to Sweden and Germany
- Someone who can start ASAP is desirable however the company can wait for the right candidate
- Based full-time in Chiswick, West London
£37,000 per annum
10% annual bonus
Defined contribution pension scheme (employee 5% and Company 10% - up to employee 8% and employer 13%)
Life assurance (4x basic salary)
Employee share incentive plan (employee buys 3 shares and then issued with a 4th one for free)
25 days holiday
£400 staff shop allowance
Discounts on many high street stores
Flexible benefits including the ability to buy and sell holiday, purchase dental insurance etc.