Senior/Lead Data Engineer
A UK specialist organisation are currently in search of a Senior/Lead Data Engineer or Analyst to join their rapidly growing team. This exciting new position is a great opportunity to join an expert team who offer brilliant support and training whilst developing and shaping you as an individual.
In this role you would be responsible for the designing, building, testing and deployment of production data pipelines, evaluating new technologies and building prototype systems. Leading team delivery and ongoing maintenance of data pipeline systems in multiple technology and problem domains, presenting work to the wider team and to stakeholders.
It is important that you come from a Lead, Engineer or Developer background, understanding the architecture disciplines, as you will have responsibility for setting standards and coaching and sharing knowledge with more junior Data Engineers. Capability of taking the initiative and working with minimal supervision, taking ownership of tasks in addition to leading others.
The key skills they are looking for:
- Significant practical experience of working in a Data Engineering-related role.
- Experience of designing, building, testing and deploying
- Knowledge in at least one programming language including Python, plus ideally Scala
Anything further experience is an added bonus to strengthen your application:
- A degree in Computer Science or in a scientific or engineering discipline
- Use and administration of the Linux Operating System, Cloud IaaS self-service environments and deployment automation tools
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex technical concepts both verbally and in writing
Must be eligible and willing to undertake, UK security clearance (SC) vetting.
If you have any further questions, please do give me a call or send me an email on a private and confidential basis.