Sales and Marketing Manager (Home Based)
Are you a Senior Sales & Marketing Manager or General Sales Manager experienced in operating within a multi-national Plumbing or Industrial manufacturing & distribution environment? Do you have a flare for influencing sales & marketing initiatives for premium brands and driving commercial activities through developing robust strategic sales & marketing plans?
If your answer is yes, read on as this could be the opportunity you have been looking for!
A developing UK brand which is now part of a Global leading tool manufacturers requires a Sales & Marketing Manager with general all-round business skills to steer their product development and distribution business across the UK. We are looking to recruit a charismatic sales & marketing leader with the ability to drive profitable sales & marketing initiatives into primarily the Plumbing distribution market with the potential to reach additional big box distributor & industrial markets.
Reporting to the Managing Director this is a Senior Management remit, with a proposed succession plan into a General Manager or Managing Director position, and focuses heavily on developing strategic plans to grow both sales revenue and profitability through product line expansion, brand equity development and market share acquisition.
- Responsibility for the sales & marketing initiatives into the Plumbing distribution market.
- Manage the marketing function to develop and grow targeted marketing strategies within budget.
- Enthusiastically introduce new products and new product technology to market, maximising both exposure and distribution into all regions.
- Take ownership for developing sales with key customers and groups working in tandem with the national and key account managers to grow targeted accounts.
- Target and develop a strategic new business development plans to win new business and new customers.
- Management, leadership and motivation of the field sales
- Developing pricing strategies that optimise & harmonise sales revenue and margin performance.
- Report on UK sales performance against budget to the senior management team and board directors. Deploying corrective actions when and where necessary.
- Monitor and track competitor activity assessing weakness, strengths, opportunities and threats.
- Maintain an exceptional knowledge of the market and current trends.
- Manage complex pricing structures and tender processes for high level customers.
- Create engaging business proposals that enable successful tenders and profit streams
- Negotiate retrospective rebate schemes that encourage healthy volume business growth aligned with group profit benchmarks.
- Track and report on the company's performance and positioning of the company in the market.
Our ideal candidate will undoubtedly require the experience of operating in a senior sales & marketing or commercial management capacity within the plumbing or industrial OEM or distribution markets.
Marketing | Sales | Manager | Sales Manager | Plumbing
- Strategic and visionary outlook
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Financial expertise / analytical skills.
- Organisation and delegation skills.
- Exceptional motivational qualities both yourself and team members.
- Resilience and tenacity under pressure.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Handling complex and multi-tiered sales distribution platforms.
- Product sourcing & new product development
- Building product Brand equity within selected markets
- Trade negotiations with buying groups and trade distributors / large wholesale operations.
- Experience of handling a major OE premium brand and key elements associated with selling value-added concepts for premium priced products.
- High exposure to complex pricing strategies and retrospective rebates.
- Experience of analysing, assessing and utilising/manipulating large amounts of data & information.
- 1st class people skills able to motivate and work with an experienced Group sales & marketing division.
Nerrad Tools was founded in 2010 by Darren Chalkly, an experienced gas engineer/plumber with over 25 years "on the tools". Familiar with the challenges heating and plumbing industry professionals face on a daily basis Darren wanted to make available better products that suited their needs better, making the industry a better place to work in.
There was already a vast array of plumbing tools on the market, but he felt there was room for further improvement and innovation. He analysed the requirements and feedback from plumbers and identified areas that could be re-developed. One example is the goal of building in ergonomic, 'easier to use' functionality, requiring much less human force to operate, resulting in reduced wear and tear for the product and the plumber alike.
In 2014, Darren partnered with Carl Kammerling International, owner of a number of high-quality brands including CK tools and Kasp security, who shared his vision of developing a leading plumbing tool brand. The partnership brought funds for expansion and significant logistics expertise, ensuring that distributors were and continue to be well served.
In 2018 Carl Kammerling International acquired 100% of the company, but the goals remain the same and Nerrad Tools is as determined as ever to build on the legacy left by its founder, its mission to create a range of hand tools for professionals, constructed to the highest standards, making everyday plumbing tasks easier to carry out, ultimately making the engineer more productive.