Are you a confident and engaging ASD teacher?
Do you have a real passion for helping every child reach their full potential?
We currently require an innovative SEN teacher to teach a creative curriculum to a KS3/4 pupil and be part of a small team of staff supporting young people. You would be joining an exciting educational service that is committed to their students and ensuring they truly get the best out of their time in education.
We would welcome applications from experienced teachers who may like a change of direction and who feel that they can meet not only the learning needs of the pupils but also their social-emotional and behavioural needs.
This role is long-term supply (with the potential to extend).
The role will include:
- Planning, preparing and delivering engaging lessons
- Liaising with support staff to ensure the smooth running of lessons
- Supporting the general wellbeing of your students
- Monitoring and evaluating students' learning
- Enabling learners to access the curriculum through a variety of techniques
- Teaching national curriculum subjects
- Helping pupils develop self-confidence, independence and vocational abilities
- Talking to parents and carers about their child's progress
- Creating a fun and exciting learning environment
- Evaluating and reporting pupils' progress to teachers, carers and healthcare professionals
- Coping with challenging behaviour and dealing with difficult situations
- Working on a 2:1 basis
The ideal ASD teacher will be:
- A qualified teacher (QTS) with ASD\SEMH experience
- Resilient and patient
- Able to work with both groups and one-to-one
- Willing to travel to multiple locations in the area, including Ely, St Ives and Huntingdon
- Experienced in working with students with EBD (Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties) and SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) needs
In return you will enjoy:
- Excellent support
- A chance to work with a friendly team
- A competitive rate of pay
- A rewarding job
- Training opportunities
- Weekly pay
Are these skills that you feel you have? This is a genuinely fulfilling and rewarding career with real progression opportunities. Please apply online or give Randstad Cambridge a call and speak to Saffron Bailey.